Pages

Thursday 1 May 2008

Wheely Great Deal...

Stampin' Up! have a great offer running during May. On preselected stamps the co-ordinating wheel is being offered at 50% off. (I have updated my Special Offer section on the right of my Blog to show the sets on offer) These wheels are great for doing backgrounds or covering a large area, such as on boxes etc.

I have made a couple of cards to demo at my May workshops. Both are using the Polka Dots and Paisley set and the Petals Jumbo wheel. Now I have to admit this is my favourite set. I find it so easy to to create wonderful projects with this set.


The first card is made using only two colours Orchid Opulence and Whisper White.



I used my Orchid Opulence ink pad to ink the Petals Jumbo wheel. I placed a 'post-it' in the centre of the white card thinking I would get a frame affect around a plain white centre. It didn't quite work out this way when I lifted the 'post it' off, because the pattern is not dense enough. But by using my Orchid Opulence Stampin' Write pen, I drew the frame onto the centre. Then the card was just finished off by stamping the flower from the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set using the Stampin' Write pens again to have the flower head in Orchid Opulence and the stem in Old Olive. I placed a Gold brad at the base of the flower then layered onto Orchid Opulence card and centred into the frame.

The next card..... well I am back to my favourite colours again LOL. Regal Rose and Rose Red, I love these two colours together.



This card is using quite a few of my Stampin' Up! goodies. None, I add I can be without of) I have used the Petals Jumbo wheel again, but inked it with Regal Rose ink and stamped onto Regal Rose card. I then used the outline stamp from the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set to stamp a flower, twice onto Very Vanilla card. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I positioned this stamp three times moving the stamp in a circle to create the flowers. I decided to colour in the image with a Regal Rose Stampin' Write pen. The same pen was then used to pick out 'FIND JOY' from the sentiment stamp in the set and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I positioned it onto the card exactly where I wanted it.
I then assembled the card and tied 'Bravo Burgundy' ribbon around the top of the card to finish off. I enjoyed making this card, and using the various techniques.
Thanks for looking X

1 comment:

Monica Gale said...

Those cards are lovely, really clean and sharp looking. M xx