Pages

Saturday 3 May 2008

Poppin' Pastels...........

That's what I have been doing.............and boy am I hooked on this! I first saw this technique on Monica's Blog. Here is the link to her great tutorial http://youtube.com/watch?v=L95w2E5ogSg. Now I was aware of this technique, but it never really grabbed me, if you know what I mean, until I saw this. So here are my attempts.


I used the same stamp as Monica did, from the Hostess Level 3 set, Heartfelt. The picture is not showing up the beauty of the cards that well, but if you click on the photo, it should enlarge, so you can see more clearly. I used just two colours for these cards, Orchid Opulence and Certainly Celery. The first card I made was the one in the middle of the photo. I stamped the flower image along a strip of Very Vanilla card with VersaMark ink, then used Orchid Opulence chalk on the flower head, and certainly Celery on the stems. This was then trimmed and layered onto Orchid Opulence card. Using my corner punch, I created a scalloped affect on the bottom and paper pricked along the top. I strip of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Elegant Eggplant was attached to the bottom. This was then layered onto a base card of Certainly Celery, and the Heartfelt sentiment stamped on the bottom in certainly Celery Ink.

The other two cards are identical. This time I cut out an ovals with my nestabilitie dies. Plain oval in very Vanilla and scalloped in Orchid Opulence. Again the flower image was stamped in VersaMark ink and coloured like above. The top half of the card was stamped with certainly Celery Ink using the background stamp from the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set. On the bottom the 'Birthday Wished' sentiment from the Sincere Salutations stamp set was stamped again with Certainly Celery ink. A small strip of Orchid Opulence card attached to the middle of the card and the ovals added with Stampin' Dimentionals and this card is complete.

I have to admit..........I loved doing these cards and I had made a couple more in different colourways.


These two cards are in Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery and Ruby Red and Mellow Moss.

Thanks for looking...........

CaroleX

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Gorgeous you have given me an idea for a Nanna card now , thank you!!

thanks for the comments on my blog. We went to see the puppy again today she is sooo adorable.

Monica Gale said...

Oh love love love those cards, really elegant glad you ve tried the technique, they look fab!!! m xx