Pages

Monday 13 July 2009

Stamping at Last !

I expect you have been getting a bit fed up with all these photographs LOL. Well I got in the craft cabin yesterday and managed to make a few things. One of the projects is for my sons teacher so can't share that just yet. But I did create a couple of cards using the Bloomin' with Beauty stamp set.

This is such a great stamp to colour, this one has been coloured in pinks. I decided not to make the card too fancy as the image is so beautiful.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bloomin' with Beauty, Oval All
Card: Regal Rose, Rose Red
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red. Bashful Blue
Accessories: 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, Blender Pens

Next card is same image, but coloured in purple's.



Supplies:
Stamps: Bloomin' with Beauty, Oval All
Card: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Oval and Scallop Oval Punches


Couldn't leave without showing you another technique I have learnt in Photoshop. Putting Text on Photographs. The idea is to put text in white areas of your photo's. Boy did I have plenty to choose from.. I have placed a folded paper looking texture behind both these photos then added the text.

This one was taken about a 4 years ago. One of those very ordinary photo's you have of the kids. But now worth looking at.
This second one is of my DS and our friends children in Ireland back in 2005, just before my DS fell over in the water and got soaking wet. His nickname for the rest of the holiday, was SpongeBob LOL. Again the photo was taken far too far away, but adding the text has created it into a worth while picture.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Another beautiful little set of card Carole. I can always tell your projects (which is a sign of superior work)as they are always so elegant with pretty colours.

You sound like your having fun with the photos too - you clever thing - they look wonderful :D

Alex said...

Beautiful cards Carole :) Loving your play with Photoshop too.

Alex x

Kate Lewis said...

What beautiful cards Carole - I agree, that stamp is so stunning it doesn't need much else, great colours and colouring too! K x

Unknown said...

Love the cards Carole - as you know I adore this stamp set and what you have done with it is beautiful.

Great work on the photos too!

Have fun

Bx