Pages

Friday 14 March 2008

Polka Dots & Paisleys..


Today's card is another simple design card. This is my natural style, and one I am most comfortable with. LOL. I am gradually building up a display of cards that I can take to workshops and show people, that beautiful cards can be made, with simple stamping techniques and just about anyone can make one.

I have cut a A4 piece of Pink Passion card stock in half then folded that in half to make the base of the card. This has been stamped all over with the paisley stamp from the Polka Dots and Paisley set, in Pink Passion ink. A strip of Green Galore card stock has then been stamped with the sentiment 'Birthday Wishes' from the Sincere Salutations stamp set, in Basic Black, positioning it with the Stamp-a-ma-jig, so I got it just where I wanted it. This piece of equipment is just a gem. I wouldn't be without it.

The next stage was to do the paper-piercing along each edge of the Green galore strip. I used the template and tool from the Crafters Tool kit. This template made it so easy to keep in a straight line. The Green Galore strip was then attached half way down the card.

I then stamped the little flower image, using Pink Passion on the flowers, then Green Galore on the stem, and stamped the image twice, just altering the angle slightly onto Whisper White card stock. Again using the Paper Piercing template I pierced a corner design in the top right and bottom left corners. The stamped image was then layered onto Pink Passion card stock, then Green Galore card stock, then placed over the Green Galore strip, showing the sentiment to the left.

Thanks for looking X

No comments: