Pages

Sunday 20 April 2008

Lovely As A Tree

I have been creating with this stamp set again over the weekend. I just love this set. this first card is similar to the card I made in my previous post, but I have jazzed it up a little....


For both cards I used the same tree image and water coloured it in using Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. It is so easy to do. The image was then layered onto a scalloped layer made with my Nestabilities. With the first card I used Close to Cocoa as the base card. The top half of the card was stamped with the very small leaf stamp in Close to Cocoa ink to create a background pattern. Next I layered a strip of Very Vanilla onto Chocolate Chip card, then paper pricked a line top and bottom. I love doing this to my cards. It adds such an effective decoration. This strip was added to the card base then the image on top of that. The sentiment is from the 'Wonderful Words' set and stamped in Chocolate Chip.

The second card is similar but in different colours.

The card base for this card is Always Artichoke, with the small leaf in Always Artichoke ink. I have then used a piece of paper from the 'Fall Flowers' Designer Series Paper and layered a strip onto Really Rust card. I then put another strip of Really Rust card on top of the patterned paper.
Two large Pewter Brads where added to the strip, then attached to the card. I again pricked a line along the bottom of the card just under the strip and lastly added the tree image on top with dimentionals to raise it slightly. I am quite pleased with this card. I have found myself using the same colours over and over again, so I am trying to challenge myself into using some of the other colours. think I succeeded with this card. LOL.
I have another card to share, but will post that later in the week. I must now get off this computer and get on with detailing the Cricket Club accounts as it is a Committee meeting tomorrow night............

No comments: