Pages

Friday 23 April 2010

Flight of the Butterfly

This card was made for the sketch challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. (SC277).  Sketches are one of my favourite challenges, closely followed by Colour Combo's.


I decided to use my Flight of the Butterfly stamp set as I wanted to experiment with using vellum as wings of the butterfly. I stamped the pretty flower wings with Versamark ink then sprinkled white embossing powder over and melted with heat gun then used the butterfly punch to punch out the wings.
Here is a close up of the butterfly.


The smaller butterfly has also been stamped with Rose Red ink onto the Vellum and layered onto the white embossed wings. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Occasional Greetings
Card: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, White Vellum
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Tea Party DP, White Embossing Powder, Butterfly Punch, Rose Red & Regal Rose Markers

I am busy making cards for swaps at our SU Training Event at Peterborough on Sunday.  It is such a difficult task as there are going to be so many tallented demo's there and I always feel mine don't come up to scratch.  So please pop back early next week to see what I came up with.

3 comments:

Caroline and Jayne said...

lovely card xxx

Alex said...

This is lovely Carol, great card using the vellum and fab butterfly punch.

Have a good week.

Alex x

Abi Bundy said...

really pretty carole!