Pages

Friday 22 August 2008

I can now share one of the birthday cards I spoke about in my last post. This card was made for my friend Sue's birthday, who I don't get to see as much as I would like.



The stamp set used here is the 'In the Spotlight' and is a Hostess set. It is such a great set to use. The flowers have been stamped onto Whisper White card stock in Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal and Bashful Blue, the stems and leaves are stamped in Certainly Celery. The little circles have been stamped in the same colours as the flowers but raised using a dimensional. Certainly Celery ribbon has been used to make the bow tying the flowers together in a bunch. This has been layered onto Basic Black Card then placed onto Pretty In Pink card then onto a 5x5 Square white card.

I also made this card with this same stamp set.

My intention was to use it for an In Love With Stamping colour combo challenge until I realised I had used Certainly Celery so many times in the combo's so thought best not to use it. It is one of my favourite colours but not necessary other peoples. Anyway here I am using it along with Chocolate Chip. I am pleased how this card turned out and I am sure it will look great in other colour combo's. Think I might just try some out and see what I come up with.
The other Birthday card I made I cannot share until after the bank holiday. It's one I made for my little sister who celebtrates her birthday Sunday, so Happy Birthday Sis, hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous cards but the choc chip and celery is my fave s. I love Certainly Celery for sure and is my most used. M xx

Lavender stamper said...

Hi Carole

I love both the cards and I appreciate the inspiration as I have had this set a couple of weeks now and just looked at it, I have the week of next week and am going to pencil in some playing time.
I hope you enjoy your training day with Michelle next month, I look forward to seeing the results on your blog & maybe a sneak preview of what to look forward too.

Hows the crafting challet looking now? I haven't seen any "in action" pictures from your work in progress, I think the last pictures were when you had just started moving in.

Happy Crafting
Lisa
x