Pages

Sunday 20 January 2008

Look what I'v done.........


Most of the weekend has been spent with DS and his Bowls. Yesterday we spent most of the day at the World Bowls being held at Potters holiday park, Hopton. This is an annual event held here, and this year the Junior Beccles Indoor Bowls Club was invited to demonstrate bowl to people as they arrived for the main event. As you can imagine the kids thought this was great, paying at the same place that all the Pro's would be playing. After their demo, they where invited to stay and watch. We stayed for the afternoon session and saw the 3rd round game between Mervyn King (a local Norfolk bowler) and Kelvin Kerkow from Australia. Wow, what a game it was. Mervin won, but it went to a tie break. DS was in awe of them all.

This morning was taken up with Bowls again. This was a return match, against another local Junior Bowls club at Browston. It was a close match, but Browston won by 6.

All this going on means no crafting again this weekend :-( but I have been fiddling with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 and created a watermark. I saw a tutorial here http://www.stampinkub.com/tutorials/tips/photo_4.html and thought I would have a go at creating one. Now believe me, when it comes to using Adobe PE4, my mind seems to turn to mush.........I get in a muddle with the simplest things LOL, but this is quite easy. I don't pretend it was a five minute job ......in fact it took most of the evening..........but I am quite pleased with the result. I have tried it out on a card I made a few days ago, using the Sugar Nellie stamps from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/index.php. Just love these stamps. Off now to colour some more images in ready to make into cards.

No comments: