Pages

Friday 3 April 2009

Another Birthday...

March and April are manic months for birthdays for me. LOL. Yesterday was my friend Jo's birthday. Jo and I where born the same year so celebrate our milestone birthdays together. Funnily enough our husbands where born the same year too so celebrate theirs together. They both turned 50 last year, Jo and I are a little bit behind them, but yesterday Jo became a wee bit older than me!! I now have 6 months to be the youngest, then I catch up. Anyway, here is the card I made for Jo to celebrate her special day.


I have used the stamp set Garden Whimsy, stamped in Versamark ink then used the Stampin' Pastels in Rose Red and Certainly Celery to create the tulip flower. I love the soft edges that this technique gives.

I am patiently waiting for another event to happen this month. My Sister In Law is expecting any day (so that's another Birthday added to April) I have so many baby ideas waiting to be created, I just need to know if they should be Pink or Blue LOL. So watch this space for news very soon! (I hope)

2 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Hi Carole - this is such a lovely card, I agree about the softness of the pastels, so lovely! Isn't it funny how some months seem to hog all the birthdays making it madly busy for us?!

Lovely news about the imminent arrival - I bet you're bursting with cute baby projects to make - make sure you share them with us! Have a great weekend, kate x

Monica Gale said...

Beutiful card Carole. I love the layout lots. M xxx