Sunday, 30 September 2007

Had one of those days.........

Today was a day I thought I would be able to take some time out and do some crafting. Last week at work has been so manic I was really looking forward to having this time to myself doing what I like best. I thought I would start some Christmas cards, but inspiration was not happening, I had some images stamped and already coloured, but do you think I could complete a card I was happy with. In the end all I made was this card. It is a Penny Black sticker, on cream card, with the blue from 6x6 K & Co, Tim Coffey Xmas pad, (which I must have had for a couple of years) and the green is from DCWV, 12x12 Christmas Glitter Pad. I have also punched out some snowflakes and added to the blue.

As I couldn't get on with the card making as I would have liked, I turned to scrapbooking. I haven't done much scrapbooking over the last few months, Card making seems to have taken first place these last few weeks. This was a disaster as well. I decided I would have a go at the September challenge set by the GO GO girls. The challenge was to use the Scrapagogo September kit and a produce a page using a sketch issued by them. September's kit was fabulous stash from Hedi Grace with lots of lovely pinks/purple colours. Now my house is full of males (even the dogs) so my first task was to find photographs suitable, the sketch had 4 photo's on it and I struggled straight away. I could only find one that I thought would be suitable. It was from our holiday in Florida last year. We went to Gatorland and our friend Terry, got picked out of the crowd to be part of one of the shows. He ended up holding a SNAKE! Anyway, do you think I could get this photo and papers to look anything remotely like the sketch, could I hell, so I just started to do my own thing. I was quite pleased and had already decided what the title was going to be, something I normally get stuck with. Being very pleased with myself I started to set out the title, using the Heidi Grace alphabet rub-on's that came with the kit. What a disaster that was, I am not a lover of rub -ons I have to admit, but these just drove me to despair. They did not come off when you rubbed them, but when I accidentally dropped one on the layout, IT STUCK! The title ended up so bad, I just had to cut it away and make some changes to the LO. Luckily I was able to cover up this disaster but I am not 100% happy with the end result. I am sure I can't be the only one that has days like this :-)

No comments: